Obstetrics and Gynecology
Northwest General Hospital & Research Centre has a robust Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department, with all facilities available to patients. The Services of the Obs/Gyn Department are designed to meet the unique and changing medical needs of a woman’s life, encompassing care for adolescents, women of childbearing age, and women at midlife and beyond.
The Obstetrical Services at the department are available 24/7 with comprehensive Prenatal care and Antenatal care for normal and high-risk pregnancies. A multidisciplinary team of experts looks after the management of high-risk pregnancies in patients with Gestational Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Pregnancy-induced Hypertension, Heart Diseases, Kidney Diseases, Haematological problems, SLE and Autoimmune diseases, and other medical disorders. If required, their is provision of intensive care by a team of the Hospitals expert Intensivists.
The Department has vast experience of managing Pre-term Labour and procedures such as cervical cerclage. The Department also routinely manages Labour including ormal delivery, normal delivery after previous one C-section, Instrumental Delivery and C-sections. There is also provision of painless delivery in the Department.
The department is ably supported and there is availability of round-the-clock emergency blood transfusion services if required.
Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department of Northwest General Hospital also manages Perinatal complications such obstetric hemorrhage and there is expert management of multiple gestation (twins, triplets, etc.) carried out in the Department.
The department is further supported by the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the Hospital which provides comprehensive care for pre-mature and high-risk babies. In addition to availability of state-of-the-art medical technologies including various modes of mechanical ventilation, diagnostic evaluation and treatments, every attempt is made to deliver care in a manner that fosters optimal development of the newborn infant. For this end, the Consultants incorporates the family into care plan initiatives for each baby.
The department provides rehabilitation services designed to address the special needs of new mothers and their babies which include physiotherapy, psychological and psychiatrist service.
The following Gynaecological services are offered by the Department:
- Management of longstanding gynecological problems such as heavy and/or painful menstrual periods and pelvic pain.
- Adolescent gynaecology.
- Management of ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, polyps, and endometriosis.
- Investigation, diagnosis and treatment of recurrent fetal losses and other issues in early pregnancy including ectopic pregnancy and miscarriages.
- Diagnostic procedures including diagnostic laparoscopy, test for tubal patency, diagnostic hysteroscopy, and diagnostic D&C.
- Surgical procedures which include abdominal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy, myomectomy, tubal ligation (open and laparoscopic), ovarian cystectomy (open and laparoscopic), ovarian drilling for PCOS, and pelvic floor repair, evacuation and curettage, hysteroscopic procedures like polypectomy, myomectomy, resection of uterine septum, intra-uterine adhesiolysis, and removal of IUCD / foreign body.
- Investigation diagnosis and treatment of subfertility.
There is a multidisciplinary team of experts at the Northwest General Hospital for the diagnosis and management of premalignant and malignant gynecological diseases. The spectrum of services provided by this team includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, psychological support and rehabilitation facilities.
Our team provides expert advice on short-term and permanent Contraception as well.