Northwest General has a well-equipped and fully-staffed Ophthalmology Department which caters to the prevalent Ophthalmologic conditions and diseases such as Weak eyesight, Cataracts, Glaucoma related Visual Field conditions, Squirt Surgery, Corneal Transplants etc.
The department runs an Out-Patient Clinic where patients are seen and advised treatment. There is a dedicated In-patient ward for Ophtalmology patients for admission after having gone through any procedure which requires follow-up observation till the patient can be discharged.
The following procedures are carried out at Northwest Ophthalmology Department:
- Phacoemulsification for Cataract Surgery
- Laser therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Corneal Topography for Keratoconnus
- Cron linkage for Keratoconnus
- Visual Field Assessment for Glaucoma
- Pachymetry for Center Corneal Thickness
- Squirt surgery,
- Nd-yag Laser Capsulotomy for After Cataract
- Corneal Transplant