Northwest General Hospital & Research Centre has outsourced its Cafeteria services to ensure the availability of food 24/7 to the patients, attendants, and hospital staff. The cafe contractor provides quality service for the in-patients and charges reasonable rates to other customers and staff.
While the services are outsourced, the Hospital keeps a close liaison with the Cafeteria Management to ensure that the services are up to the required quality and standards.
The following steps have been taken by the cafeteria to ensure quality and customer satisfaction
- Displayed approved rates at visible places in the Cafeteria and Tuck-Shop
- Provide Customer Feedback Forms to in-patients to quickly find out their honest opinion about the quality of food and service
- Issue computer-generated bills to customers for all their purchases
- Ensure availability of a trained nutritionist for advice in preparation of food for the inpatients. The Cafeteria also has access to the services of the Hospital’s Nutritionist in the preparation of meals for patients with special needs
- Clearly specify the date of production along with the date of expiry on all food items
- Prompt and dignified service for the inpatients as well as the other customers
- Ensure that the staff employed by them are trained and groomed with daily checkups for excellent hygiene and proper attire.