NORTHWEST GENERAL HOSPITAL & RESEARCH CENTRE
A PROJECT OF ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE (PRIVATE) LIMITED
Northwest General Hospital and Research Center is the proud gift of Alliance Healthcare (Private) Limited, sponsored by close to 3 dozen highly reputed and experienced cream of the medical profession to the residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan. Alliance Healthcare is a private limited company duly incorporated with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under the Companies Ordinance 1984. It has an authorized capital of Rs. 350 million with a paid up portion of close to Rs. 300 million. Northwest General Hospital & Research Center is the first project of Alliance. Northwest General Hospital and Research Center is the proud gift of Alliance Healthcare (Private) Limited, sponsored by close to 3 dozen highly reputed and experienced cream of the medical profession to the residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan. Alliance Healthcare is a private limited company duly incorporated with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under the Companies Ordinance 1984. It has an authorized capital of Rs. 350 million with a paid up portion of close to Rs. 300 million. Northwest General Hospital & Research Center is the first project of Alliance.
Alliance Healthcare was incorporated in 2005 and work was started in the same year on construction of its first project, the Northwest General Hospital & Research Centre. Soft opening of the hospital took place in January 2009 whereas in-patient admissions and Operation theaters were inaugurated in Mid-2009. Since then there has been no looking back. Revenues have been on a steep rise and equipments and services have been added and upgraded as a regular routine. The hospital has generated employment for 1,450 persons with about 30% female participation.
Main purpose behind the establishment of the Hospital is to make available a self-contained facility for patients that can cover the comprehensive needs of high quality healthcare under one roof. The sponsors have established a masterpiece of architecture to house state of the art equipment and diagnostic facilities that are second to none. Total land area is 65,000 sq. feet or 12 Kanals. Covered area of over 160,000 sq. feet with a basement and a minus one Oncology Bunker. The facility is located in the posh Hayatabad township of Peshawar. Experts in almost every conceivable field have dedicated their full time to provide top quality medical services to patients. The Hospital is committed to patient friendly and patient centered approach. A support staff of some 1,050 employees is busy round the clock to facilitate the functioning of the hospital with a dedication that is the distinction of NWGH. The Hospital has an in-house pharmacy to ensure uninterrupted supply of medicines and prescriptions of the highest quality.
Our services range from routine consultancy, a full range of laboratory functions, the most modern in MRI, CT scan and other radiological diagnostic services like Dexa Scan, Mammography & fluoroscopy etc. to the full spectrum of surgical procedures and the best of in-patient facilities at very reasonable rates.
Executive Health Check Program that is tailor made to meet the requirements of busy executives in availing an opportunity for evaluation of their health and possible detection and prevention of impending health risks.
Besides the excellent architecture and most advanced equipment, the hospital boasts a special strength which is hard to be beaten by any hospital. It is the 34 sponsoring members who have credentials of outstanding prominence. They claim the best of academic careers and the highest standards of training mostly from abroad.
The variety of specialties in the hospital, inter alia, cover Neurology & Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Cardio-Thoracic surgery, Ophthalmology, Nephrology, Urology, Pediatricians, Pediatric Surgery, Gastroenterology, Hepato-Biliary Surgery, General Medicine, general Surgery, Dermatology, Orthopedic Surgery, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonologist, Gynecology, Oncology, Dentistry, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Maxillofacial Surgery, Sonology (Ultrasound).
Endowment Ward (Equipment:)
Equipment installed in the hospital;
- Full fledged CATH Lab
- 16 Slice CT Scan Machine
- 0.3 TESLA Open MRI
- Digital Fluoroscopy Machine with DSA
- Mammography Machine
- Bone Densitometer
- 2 Portable X-Ray Machines
- 3 General Radiography Machines
- 4 Color Doppler Machine with three probes
- 1 portable ultra sound machine
- 10 Dialysis Machines
- 2 Nos. 800kw Cummins Power Generators
- 1 Nos. 500kw Cummins power Generator
- 4 Nos. Defibrillator Machines
- 10 Nos. Siemens Ventilator Machines
- Gamma Camera
- 10 Nos. fully equipped Operations Theaters
- 3 Nos. ECHO Machines
- 6 Nos. ECG Machines
- EEG Machine
- Pulmonary Function Test Machine
- Nerve Conduction Test Machine
- ETT Machine
- Skin Laser Machine
- F-F-A Camera
- Laser Argon 1
- YAG Laser
- AVI SCO B Scan
- Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer
- Corneal Topographer
- Bio-meter with built in facilities for corneal Tachymetry
- Slit Lamp
- Indirect Ophthalmoscopes
- Hand Held Retinoscope plus ophthalmoscope
- Indirect Lenses-D and 66D
- Surgical microscope with X-Y
- Fully Equipped Ophthalmic Operation Theatre
- Fully Equipped Dental Surgical Unit
- Fully Equipped Kitchen for Patient Service
- Centralized Medical Gasses Unit
- State of the art Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD)
- Reverse osmosis plant
- Automatic Washer disinfector
- Automatic Sterilizers
- Low temp formalin sterilizer
- Fully automated washing and cleaning laundry
- Automatic Steam press system
- Automated Shoot System for transfer of Sterilized and cleaned Instruments & Fully Equipped Automated Laundry
- The hospital has its own in-house laboratory for all types of diagnostic tests.
Equipment is under import/installation for Gamma Camera and Linear Accelerator. These facilities will add to the service variety in the hospital in a substantial way.
Alliance Healthcare has since acquired a plot of land measuring 35 kanals in the Hayatabad Township in Peshawar which is just diagonally opposite NWGH. The company plans to establish the Northwest Institute of Health Sciences encompassing projects like another 300 bedded hospital, a medical college, a nursing school and a centre of excellence for Paramedics besides hostel facilities and accommodation facilities for attendants accompanying patients from far off places. These projects are in an advanced stage of planning and international tenders are being invited for a competition regarding a masterplan for construction of these facilities.
The existing project i.e., NWGH has achieved excellent success and is already boasting full occupancy of patient beds and has created a name for itself in high quality healthcare for patients from all across Pakhtunkhwa, the adjoining areas of Punjab and Afghanistan.
The hospital has since been recognized by the CPSP for postgraduate training whereas the PMDC has accredited it for raining of House Officers and the first batches in both the training programs have already been inducted.
The company with an initial investment of close to Rs 1 billion, turned a cash surplus in its first full year of operations (2009-2010) and a maiden dividend was paid out to its shareholders for the year ended June 2011. The first half of current year has recorded an increase of more than 50% in revenues as compared to last year and the profit margins have registered a much higher increase. The company is poised for fast track growth and expansion.
SPECIAL DISTINCTIONS OF THE HOSPITAL
- Highly equipped and most suitably staffed Emergency Service
- Specialized Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Highly equipped Cardiac Care Unit
- Acute Stroke Unit for management and rehabilitation of patients who have just had a stroke attack. This is only the second unit in the country after Aga Khan University Hospital and the first in Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa
- High dependency Paeds Unit
- Specially equipped Nursery
- Intensive care Unit for Medical cases
- State of the art Linear Accelerator that will provide very focused radiation treatment for cancer patients minimizing side effects and increasing cure rate. It is one of the most advanced equipment in the world and is the first of its kind in Kyber Pukhtunkhwa
- Skin Laser: Fastest and Safest and most effective skin laser available in the international market today. This is a Gold Standard laser for Hair removal in Asian Skin Types
- Kidney Stone Removal through Lithotripsy machine, and through a small hole Cell PCNL ( Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy) involving minimal trauma
- Dialysis Facilities of the highest quality under care of highly trained and experienced Consultant and Technicians
- Research Study on Dexa Scan (Bone Densitomater) Association of Low Appendicular Mass with the Femoral Neck-Bone Mineral density”
- The hospital is also engaged in a research study on stroke patients
- The hospital is considering participation in an ASAP sponsored multi-centre study on Aetiology & Risk Factors in Young Ischaemic Stroke.
- STITCH (TRAUMA) – Surgical Trial in Traumatic Intracereberal Haemorrhage - A multi-centre study in collaboration with the Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- STITCH II – Surgical Trial in Lobar Intracereberal Haemorrhage – A research program in collaboration with Newcastle University
NORTHWEST INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- The Hospital has been recognized by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council for in house training of House Officers
- NWGH has also been accredited by College of Physician and Surgeons for Postgraduate Training of doctors
- A 300 bedded hospital, a medical college, a nursing school and a centre of excellence for paramedics are in an advanced stage of planning
- The hospital is certified under ISO 9001 (2008)
Alliance Healthcare (Private) Limited has been ranked as the fastest growing company in Pakistan under the Arabia500 ranking of companies in a region comprising Egypt, turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Israel etc., organized by the All World Network base at Harvard in USA